Header Ads

Another & Other


Another

Another as Determiner

Form: Another+N (singular)
e.g. He has another child.

        She leaves another day.
Other as Determiner
Form: Other+Ns (Plural)
e.g. These are other dogs.
       Other students are tired.
Another as Pronoun (no noun after it)

e.g. I saw many students at the Coca- Cola concert. One student was singing. Another was waving his hand. Another was giving applause.
Others as pronoun (with “s” and no noun)
e.g. Some students are yawning. Others are half asleep. The others are listening.

The other/ The others

The other is singular and is the last choice in the group.
I have two pens. One is black, but the other is red.
The others is plural and is the last choices in the group.
I have four books. Two are black but the others  are white.

Practice

I have two cats. One is black. _____ is white.
I have four cats. One is black. Another is white. ______ is black and white. ______ is Brown.
I have four cats. Two are white. ______ are black.
I have three cats. One is black. ______ is white. ______ is brown.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.