Header Ads

Noun Clause


Recognizing Noun Clause

  • Characteristics

Clause Markers: that, what, who, which, how, whether, if, when, where, why
I don’t know why you come here.
I know what you want.
I know that you do love her.


She doesn’t know where he stays.
He doesn’t know when he comes.
I don’t know if you can come.
I don’t know whether you can come.
I don’t know how I can solve this problem.
I don’t know who comes first.
I don’t know which I should choose.
Functions of Noun Clause
1.   Subject
What you want is money.
2.   Object
I can show what you want.
3.   Subject Complement
What she wants is what I want.
Ended-Positioned Subject
It is important that she must be a teacher.
Ended-Positioned Object
I find it difficult that she can’t come.
Wh-Clause can be object of Preposition
She is interested in what she doesn’t know.
The news that she comes early is not true.
The news that I get is not true.
Which part is the noun clause?
let's answer ;
.What she did makes other annoyed.
.When she comes is the question.
.I know that she is curious.
.He shows me that he cannot live with me.
.That you are late should not be a topic for discussion.
.They remember that the students are happy.
.She tells me that she cannot come.
.He doesn’t know where she puts her money.
.He wonders if he could go.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.